To mark Teesside University joining the Northern Health Science Alliance as an Associate Member, an event was held at the University’s National Horizons Centre (NHC) in Darlington.
The event, chaired by Professor Vikki Rand, Director of the NHC, included welcome speeches from Professor Stephen Cummings, Teesside University’s Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) and the NHSA’s Dr Seamus O’Neill.
Leading academics also shared insights into the groundbreaking research taking place at the University. The presentations included:
- John Young, Professor of Translational Clinical/Healthcare Research: Person-centred solutions to the diagnosis and management of long-term conditions
- Abigail Durrant, Professor of Interaction Design and Co-Director of Open Lab, Newcastle University: EPSRC Northern Health Futures Hub – Strength in Collaboration
- Nasima Akhter, Associate Professor of Public Health: Unpacking and investigating health inequalities
- Linda Popplewell, Professor of Molecular Therapies: The development of gene therapies for rare diseases
- Denis Martin, Professor of Rehabilitation and Director of the Centre for Rehabilitation Sciences: Facilitating personal best for people with long-term conditions: Centre for Rehabilitation
- Amelia Lake, Professor of Public Health Nutrition: Public Health Nutrition: opportunities to improve food environments
The NHSA’s Executive team – Hannah Davies, Helen Cole, Dr Mandy Dixon and Dr Ben Martyn – also delivered presentations on the NHSA’s key programmes and networks covering health inequalities, corporate engagement and cluster development, investment and international partnerships, and health technologies and evaluation.
Related News Articles
Partnership harnesses UK health and life sciences expertise
Impact report highlights successes of Research England-funded NHSA and MedCity partnership
Two Digital Health Hubs awarded to the North of England
Two Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Health Hubs have been created in the North
Join us for a Meet and Match Cell and Gene Therapy event with our UK and German partners
Join us for a meet and match cell and gene therapy event with UK and German Partners