The NHSA recently established a Nutrition North network, a rapidly developing coalition of nutrition scientists and practitioners across the North of England. The network involves researching various aspects of nutrition – from basic metabolic science to policy and implementation.
Nutrition North is facilitated by the NHSA and exists to support the health and economic development of the North by:
- Improving nutrition in our region through advocacy and engagement with regional public health leads
- Improving the treatment and prognosis and delivery of clinical nutrition guidance to patients and those living with long term conditions in our region
- Providing coordinated access to local expertise for our region’s food and nutraceutical sectors
- Supporting the North to realise its potential for academic nutrition science
- Providing expertise on-demand to the wider body of NHSA-supported activities