Following the successful launch of the Liverpool Head and Neck Centre (LHNC) in October 2018, the NHSA has committed to support the establishment of a Northern Head and Neck Alliance (NH&NA).
The NH&NA will build on the aims of the LHNC, which will act as the co-ordinating centre, and develop a clinical academic network with the other constituent centres of the NHSA with whom strong clinical links already exist, particularly between Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds, Hull, Sheffield, South Tees Hospitals and Manchester.
In the first instance, the aims of the NH&NA is to:
- Increase integrated network-wide clinical trial recruitment and development, working closing with the NIHR Clinical Research Networks
- Develop coordinated open-label clinical cohort studies to address difficult-to-answer clinical questions
- Develop the bio-banking of high quality bio-resources for use in research
- Increase engagement with industry
- Increase research funding
Related News Articles
NHS leader appointed to health alliance board
Northern Health Science Alliance appoints Professor Phil Wood to board of directors.
A statement on the announcement of NIHR HealthTech Research Centres
From Chief Executive Dr Séamus O’Neill
Labour Party Conference 2023
A summary and gallery from the 2023 Labour Party Conference