Following the successful launch of the Liverpool Head and Neck Centre (LHNC) in October 2018, the NHSA has committed to support the establishment of a Northern Head and Neck Alliance (NH&NA).
The NH&NA will build on the aims of the LHNC, which will act as the co-ordinating centre, and develop a clinical academic network with the other constituent centres of the NHSA with whom strong clinical links already exist, particularly between Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds, Hull, Sheffield, South Tees Hospitals and Manchester.
In the first instance, the aims of the NH&NA is to:
- Increase integrated network-wide clinical trial recruitment and development, working closing with the NIHR Clinical Research Networks
- Develop coordinated open-label clinical cohort studies to address difficult-to-answer clinical questions
- Develop the bio-banking of high quality bio-resources for use in research
- Increase engagement with industry
- Increase research funding
If you would like to know more about the work of the NH&NA, please contact email@example.com.