Since January 2018, the NHSA has been working with the four Northern Biomedical Research Centres (Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield) bringing together their world-leading researchers to explore new ways of collaboration across the Northern region.
The four Northern BRCs have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Ageing and Long-Term Conditions (incl. dementia, hearing health, liver disease and neuromuscular disease )
- Cancer (advanced radiotherapy, prevention and early detection, and precision medicine)
- Musculoskeletal Diseases (incl. inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis and connective tissue diseases )
- Inflammatory Conditions (incl. respiratory, dermatology and skin and oral disease)
- Translational Neuroscience (neuroinflammation, cerebrovascular neurology and neurodegeneration)
In March 2018, the NHSA supported an Industry Showcase event where we brought together leading experts from across the Centres, industry representatives, funding bodies and other key stakeholders to learn about potential opportunities for new partnerships to build on the existing research excellence.
You can read more about the event here.
More information about the Centres can be found on their websites:
In November 2019, we organised and supported a Northern BRC Early Career Researchers Seminar – further information on this event can be found here.
If you would like to know more about the collaboration between the NHSA and the Northern BRCs, please contact Ben Martyn, Ben.Martyn@thenhsa.co.uk.