The Northern Health Science Alliance has set out its manifesto for health across the North of England:
- Changing the funding formula for the most deprived areas in the North to receive proportionately more money to tackle health inequalities.
- Greater autonomy for local stakeholders to deliver a place-based approach to policy making.
- Recognising the anchor institution status of the region’s NHS trusts and supporting them through investment in people, place and care to transform Northern communities.
- Working to balance the UK’s economy through investment in the North’s health and in its health innovation economy – funding where need and potential are greatest.
- Government to invest in Health R&D to the same level as private industry – through the North’s universities, hospitals and AHSNs.
- Creation of a ring-fenced budget to boost Northern productivity and address Northern health outcomes.
Related News Articles
BLOG: Working differently
Working differently by Dr Liz Mear, Innovation Agency Chief Executive and NHSA Director
Providing a lifeline to older people during the pandemic
BLOG: Lisa Butland on how rapid deployment of technology is helping to keep older people connected
International knowledge exchange in Toronto
NHSA healthy ageing delegation fosters international collaboration links with Canada